Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: I need help - colorless doll.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Molly-Felicity's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2004
    Posts
    471
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a Molly from 1995 and she has absolutely no color in her face. I'm the original owner and can't remember if she had more color when she was new. I have a Felicity that's about a year older and she has color.

    I know that several of you have talked about putting some color on dolls' lips and cheeks. I need help - very explicit help since I'm artistically challenged. If you respond, please tell me exactly what product you used, where to buy it, and how to do it. (Yes, I would love you to come over and do it for me!!!)

    Thanks!!!!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    GillyGals does a great job on fixing the make up and color of dolls! I know some board members have used her services before!!!! She charges about $25 per doll? Good luck!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I did my Kirsten myself. I bought acrylic paint in the craft section at walmart. Apple Barrel brand - RED. (I took Molly to the store with me and tried to match her lip color - red was the best.) I used a very fine brush, dipped it in the paint, then the water. Painted it on then blotted it with a paper towel. For blush I used my blush brush and brushed a little of mine on her. It was all very subtle. I think she looks so much better. Her are some pics. You might be able to tell about the lips from #8 and #9. Kirsten is not pictured. I worked on the frecles some more because I figured out I was laying her down and her lashes were covering under her eyes. She looks better too. IMO.

    Hope this helps.


    http://www.imagestation.com/photo-pr..._id=2131723646

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Molly-Felicity's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2004
    Posts
    471
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the advice. I may try the blush myself (I think I can manage that) and then think about GillyGals. I don't know if my daughter will agree. She's scared to change her.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Em Are's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2002
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just got brave and touched up my colorless Kirsten's face earlier this week! Actually, my DH did it (braver than me!). We used a light pink colored pencil. I thought it was "safer" than paint, because I'm pretty sure we could remove it, but it isn't as temporary as blush. If you have another doll with better color, use her for a guide. The lips are pretty easy, since you just follow the lines and then look at the colorful doll for how to place the cheeks. Lightly color with the pencil in the right spot and kind of smudge it with your fingers.

    Kirsten turned out really good with this method! When I get a chance, I will take a picture to post.

    Em

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Molly-Felicity's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2004
    Posts
    471
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks, Em Are. Did you just use a regular color pencil, such as Crayola? (I told you - I'm a bit slow with these things.)

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Em Are's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2002
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Molly-Felicity:
    Thanks, Em Are. Did you just use a regular color pencil, such as Crayola? (I told you - I'm a bit slow with these things.)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I checked the box and the one we used was a Berol Prismacolor "artist pencil." We tried a cheap colored pencil from a kid's art set first and didn't even make a mark on the vinyl. So, I would suggest you try a "pro" type of colored pencil. (I'm not an expert though!)

    Em

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •